In light of eternity, our lives appear as brief moments. Yet we cannot comprehend the loving care God has for every single second of these lives. My hope is to give you a window into His love, joy and strength found in our ordinary days.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

LOVE

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.  1 John 4:18

Every holiday has an added layer of meaning this year.  In the midst of our yearly tradition of making a treat to send to family, I gave my littlest Valentine quite a few extra hugs and kisses.  I'm convinced that children can begin to learn and experience the love of the heavenly Father through their parents unconditional love.  We are praying that peace will come from the security Blake knows in our love, and that this peace will overcome his fears.  There was a lot of love mixed in with these sweets.
 
Red Velvet cake pops!
Dipping the pops in chocolate candy coating.
I've finally discovered a no fail way to dip my cake pops.  I melt the candy coating discs in a coffee mug.  The handle isn't hot to the touch.  The container is so small that the coating pushes up and around the cake without the need for spinning or twisting, which is what makes them fall apart.  I don't have the patience to make these pops very often, but this helped a little with my frustration.
Ready to sprinkle!
What a great assistant.
Target had these adorable "boyish" treat bags in the $1 bins.  Blake has always loved monkeys and will only be seen in the "robot hat" that I made him earlier this year, so I knew these little bags would bring a smile to the grandparent's faces.


All ready to be shipped to the grandparents, uncles and aunt :)
And...WE were also on the receiving end of quite a few lovely Valentine packages.
 Bev sent us a plethora of packages full of all kinds of fun Valentine surprises.  And my grandma sent a delicious box of Esther Price chocolates.  With wonderful family like this, no wonder I've always loved this special February day!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! and what fun you must have had. I wish I could take credit for the timing of the packages arriving to you on Valentine's Day...but it's all a part of God's perfect timing <3...packages that I put off sending earlier and those that I had hoped would arrive prior to today, managed to find their way to your door stop today...and how perfectly wonderful is that! Happy Valentine's Day...may sharing love never go out of date...I love you tons and bunches :)

    ReplyDelete