In light of eternity, our lives appear as brief moments. Yet we cannot comprehend the loving care God has for every single second of these lives. My hope is to give you a window into His love, joy and strength found in our ordinary days.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Make A Wish: Part One!


Although I am woefully behind in updating this blog, I haven't given up on it.  Last year we printed out the 2011 entries as a Blurb book and I loved it!  I plan to do the same with this year's entries.  So...here we go!
Bright and early one Sunday in September a limo showed up at our door for this VERY happy little boy.

Straight to the airport we went, in style.  Once there Blake very proudly carried his own Passport for the trip to Ottawa, Ontario - home of the Kratt Brothers!
Moments after settling into our hotel room, there was a knock at the door.  A plate of milk and cookies just for us!  There had been gifts from the volunteers who met us at the airport, a surprise toy waiting at the hotel front desk, robes for Steve and I with a note, and now cookies.  The Make A Wish folks outdid themselves to make us feel welcome.
After a good night's sleep, we were TIRED, our hungry tummies led us across the street to the Scone Witch.
My choice, an orange cranberry scone with Devonshire cream and raspberry jam.  I'm drooling just thinking about it again!
Then, with our bellies full of scones, we felt adventurous enough to take our rental car on 1 hour adventure - into French Quebec.  Steve was just a little nervous about the prospect of getting completely lost in the countryside, especially since the route to our special destination took us off the beaten path!  But let me just say the destination was worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment