In light of eternity, our lives appear as brief moments. Yet we cannot comprehend the loving care God has for every single second of these lives. My hope is to give you a window into His love, joy and strength found in our ordinary days.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wedding Week Part 1: The Joy Is in the Journey

I've often heard people much older and wiser than me say that "the joy of life is in the journey."  They've learned that all the stuff along the path to a determined goal is really what life is made up of.  The ordinary, every day sameness of a quick hug and kiss goodbye in the morning, followed by a busy day of running errands, then settling back in for dinner and stories - it's a pretty wonderful routine when you stop to think about it!

That being said, we're applying the same principal to a very exciting moment in my family's life!  My baby brother is getting married!  I'm five years older than him, so I remember the day he was born.  Wow, how can we be grown ups now?!!
The wedding will be in Milwaukee this Friday evening.  So we loaded up the car with snacks, wedding gifts, one adorable 3T suit, and headed off for a little R&R along the way.
Sunday night dinner at On the Border, followed by the movie Rio.  All in all a very "Latin" themed evening, I guess :)
At this young age, Blake has already decided that no trip to a hotel is complete without a pillow fight.
Bumblebee was there to greet us at the Indianapolis Children's Museum!
 My gimpy dinosaur hatchling.
I LOVE this one!  It makes me laugh every time I look at it.
We had a great time at the museum.  Definitely worth the admission!
Last night we rolled into Chicago and took a walk at a nearby park.  Today we are headed into the Windy City!

1 comment:

  1. So true the journey and memories are the joy of life! Looks like ya'll are having a great family time.

    ReplyDelete