In light of eternity, our lives appear as brief moments. Yet we cannot comprehend the loving care God has for every single second of these lives. My hope is to give you a window into His love, joy and strength found in our ordinary days.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Fireman Blake

For the past year, Blake's love of all things fireman has only grown.  Grammy and Grampa made sure he was outfitted with the latest gear to fight all of his imaginary fire emergencies.

So when one of my personal heroes invited us to tour the Wilmington fire house, we just had to make the trip back to my hometown.
Dave was my high school Sunday school teacher.  He is crazy and fun and always showed so much love to the goofy bunch of teenagers I grew up with.
Blake wanted to wear the suit, boots and hat because, "I want them to think I'm a real fireman - not a kid."  He kept this "act like you've been there" persona going throughout the visit.  This kid cracks me up.
Learning how to use the big hose.
Fireman Dave is a genius because he told Blake that firemen have to study, take tests and work very hard to get the job.  My boy can now be motivated to work on his letters with a quick reminder of Dave's words.  Bonus!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you updated your blog so we could see that cute little boy :) He looks great! You've been on quite the journey but I think the next 9 months will be a lot happier than the previous 9 months. We still think of you and pray for you -Moriah S

    ReplyDelete