In light of eternity, our lives appear as brief moments. Yet we cannot comprehend the loving care God has for every single second of these lives. My hope is to give you a window into His love, joy and strength found in our ordinary days.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Signature 2011

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.  If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."   I John 1:5-7

Early last Friday morning I packed up the Toyota and headed to Toledo.  I was on my way to help out with Signature, a Christian conference for teen/college girls.  On a side note, I immensely enjoyed the two and a half hour drive in the car alone!  Can't think of the last time I made a drive like that solo.  No one-handed searching for dropped toys, handing out snacks, or songs about animals...just peace!

The event was centered around the verses above.  Through worship, preaching and small group discussion the girls were encouraged to allow the light of God's Word to expose the lies they have been believing.  The truth can be painful, but it brings about great freedom.  It was a beautiful time in God's presence, and challenged me as well.

I had a great time reconnecting with friends from around the state, and visiting with the girls from Evangel in Wooster.  It is so true that serving God is not a burden, but a life-giving privilege.  I had a blast! 

After driving home, this time rockin' out to my favorite music, I was so happy to see my noisy, messy, silly little boy!  He was so excited to give me a big hug!  And Steve was the best!  He had picked up pizza, cleaned the house, readied Blake for bed and then listened to me chatter on about the weekend.  What a great guy I have!

2 comments:

  1. I was so sorry to miss Signature this year! But I'm glad that it went well. Getting back home is always fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great! And you're right, coming home feels good.

    ReplyDelete