In light of eternity, our lives appear as brief moments. Yet we cannot comprehend the loving care God has for every single second of these lives. My hope is to give you a window into His love, joy and strength found in our ordinary days.

Friday, March 4, 2011

It Has Begun

We are planning our move to Columbus for March 19!  This means it's time to start the packing machine in motion.  I've got my system down at this point.  It's transitioning from a 3 bedroom home with a basement to a two bedroom apartment that's making this move more "interesting." 
So I've been going through all of the tubs of "storage" and ruthlessly tossing items whose sentimental value is not enough to make the cut.  The jury is still out on the Jack and Jill dolls pictured above.  They hung in my room as a child, but have been sitting in a box for the last 20 years.  Is it time to let them go?
Of course I'm keeping several of my favorite books for my children.  The Chronicles of Narnia, the Anne of Green Gables series, Charlotte's Web, Tom Sawyer, Sarah Plain and Tall - they all made the cut.  It is hard for me to part with books, but we did pare down our non-fiction collection.
Found tons of encouraging notes from college.  Some were from friends and made me smile and laugh.  The pile above is just a sampling of the cards I received from my mom.  She sent me so many sweet notes, especially when I was dealing with health problems.  Love you, Momma, and I am keeping these!

I have most of the poems Steve wrote for me saved in a special box, but I found a few more letters like this one mixed in with other notes.  During the two summers we were dating, he was on CBC's traveling drama team.  This letter was sent from the Southern Missouri camp ground.  Sweet memories.  It's hard to believe this would have been sent 8 years ago.
And finally, it's not all work just yet.  We did stop to play with the neighbor kids for a bit.  Getting some good use out of the dress up box, as you can tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment