In light of eternity, our lives appear as brief moments. Yet we cannot comprehend the loving care God has for every single second of these lives. My hope is to give you a window into His love, joy and strength found in our ordinary days.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dirty Money

Call it a tribute to President's Day.  Perhaps, it was meant to add fervor to my daily prayers for my son.  Maybe it was an attempt to spice up an otherwise routine evening.  The world may never know what was going on in this little munchkin's head when he decided to swallow a nickle and dime last night.
Needless to say, Blake gave us quite a scare with this latest antic.  I heard him gag, then rushed into the room to find him breathless.  Just as quickly, he gulped them the rest of the way down, then told us he "ate the moneys."  You ate the WHAT?
The two hour visit to the Emergency Room which followed was mostly full of waiting and more waiting.  Blake loved every second of it.  He chatted with the nurses as though they were long lost friends.   When they placed the ID bracelet on his wrist he exclaimed with a grin "It's my cast!"   Then the miniature invalid buddied up with another little girl in the waiting room, coloring pictures and explaining LOUDLY how, "There's gonna be moneys in my poop."

When we finally made our way down the long hallway to the Radiology Center, I thought the gravity of the situation would settle in.  I was prepared to console him, as this strange machine took a picture of his tummy.  Nope, he thought it was awesome.  He inspected the machine and declared it to be cool.  He asked to see the picture and smiled as the radiologist gave him this stuffed monkey.
To be honest, other than the whole swallowing two coins, he was charming and adorable, better behaved than usual.  His pure joy at it all was frustrating.  I wish I could say the nickle and dime pictured above were the culprits, but the real items have yet to "appear."  Oh, I sure do love this little boy!

4 comments:

  1. And since they made it so fun for him and he thought it was so Awesome now hes gonna want to do it again! duh! lol! I remember when Aleesha stuck a ball of foil up her one nostril at a restaurant in Massillion and Doug had to pry it out...it was kinda scary because it kept getting pushed farther up inside. We will never know why they do what they do. Glad hes ok and didnt choke and they went all the way down. By the way if I were you I wouldnt bother trying to find it...been there done that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Happy he is ok and LOVE the story. Boys will be boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...the joy of raising boys. The weird fun never ends. Glad this little adventure had a happy ending and our Blakester is ok and happy.

    Given how the digestive tract works, it's probably already breaking down his newest meal. You might end up with the 4 cent poop, the 9 cent poop, and the 2 cent poop. Just think of the fun of counting all the change! What a great Mommy and son memory maker!

    While our sweet Christina bravely prepares to become Official Poop Inspector, I'm sure she is already plotting how Steve is going to have to make this up to her...and yes, he's gonna owe you big time for this one, Sweetie.

    Love you,
    Grampa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you guys would get a kick out of this. I've been reading in Matthew this month. Today I was on Chapter 15 and read this: v. 16 "Don't you know that anything that is swallowed works its way through the intestines and is finally defecated?" I laughed so hard!

    ReplyDelete