In light of eternity, our lives appear as brief moments. Yet we cannot comprehend the loving care God has for every single second of these lives. My hope is to give you a window into His love, joy and strength found in our ordinary days.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Father's Heart

At the church we visited this morning, the pastor shared a message about reconciling to the Father God. He shared a bit of his own story and his struggle to connect to the Father without fear. The lens through which he viewed God had been warped by his own dad.

As we sat there, I thought about how thankful I am that Steve and I have fathers who love us unconditionally. It must be so hard to grow up without a dad, or under the same roof as an abusive father. Thank God for this promise:
A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, Is God in His holy habitation. Psalm 68:5

Steve is such a good father. Nobody's perfect, but Blake is definitely secure in his daddy's love. When we got home they were having fun playing with race cars, and in light of today's message, it made my heart feel warm.

We made a "garage" out of an orange crate.

Vroom! Vroom!

Trying to catch him so I can get a picture.

Close Enough!

So much enjoy having my hubby home!

1 comment: